Whether you are scanning to Microsoft SharePoint or harvesting data from a form, our extensive set of features can provide you with a powerful capture and data extraction tool.
PSIcapture has 2 classes of workflow module: Core Capture Modules and Specialized Workflow Modules, which are optional.
The PSIcapture base product includes 9 modules that allow for standard document scanning, capture and indexing workflow. These modules can be arranged in any order to create a custom workflow that meets your business needs.
Scan, arrange and store any type of document with speed and ease.
The capture module allows anyone to scan, arrange and store any type of document with speed and ease. By connecting scanning devices to scan stations and a logical file system, captured images are converted and neatly systemized directly into the user-friendly interface. Document separator sheets can be designed to tell PSIcapture when to split the document, decreasing the time and energy required to scan large volumes. Not only is the batch automatically organized, but high accuracy is also achieved. Digital files can just as easily be imported and saved into file folders, and PSIcapture will automatically assign an index field based on the folder name. Capture module highlights:
- Increase employee imaging productivity by reducing time spent on scanning
- Barcode and patch code separator sheets allow PSIcapture to automatically separate, file and name documents
- Image processing improves inadequate and poor quality pages
- Capture images from ISIS/VRS scanners and folders
Extended File Format (EFF) Support
Capture and Migrate Non-Image Files.
Capture and Migrate Non-Image Files. If you need to import non-image files, the EFF module enables PSIcapture to import and process all types of digital files including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, AutoCAD, and more. The module can be used for manual or auto-import and allows bulk digital file migration to any of the 60+ ECM systems we support. EFF module highlights:
- Import and process any type of digital file
- Assign index data based on file name or folder structure, or use any of the PSIcapture default value settings
- Use our powerful C# scripting engine to perform advanced processing with business logic
- Migrate files and data to any of our more than 60 ECM systems
Optical Character Recognition (OCR) & Optical Mark Recognition (OMR)
Convert scanned documents to text.
Convert scanned documents to text. PSIcapture’s OCR engine facilitates the conversion of captured documents into searchable files. You can choose to convert entire documents using full-text OCR or focus on specific areas of the page with Zone OCR and Optical Mark Recognition (OMR). There are several output formats to choose from, including searchable PDF and text formats.
Intelligent Character Recognition (ICR)
Convert hand-printed information to text.
Convert hand-printed information to text. PSIcapture’s ICR module converts captured documents with hand-printed fields to searchable data. You can choose to perform full-text conversions or focus on specific areas of the page with Zone ICR. ICR can be used for forms processing or free form hand-printing extraction.
Sort, separate and extract data from forms. Simply.
Classify, sort, separate and extract data from each individual form with a single simple process. The Classification module relieves the pain by allowing users to scan stacks of different form types within a single batch. Rather than having a user manually sort pages prior to scanning, our document recognition technology can take care of that for you. Classification can be used in conjunction with all of PSIGEN’s modules to give you the ultimate in document automation for scanning documents with any scanner or copier, or importing documents from a network location using auto-import.
- Automatic document type/form identification
- Form page count validation
- Automated separation based on identified form type
- Data extraction rules based on forms
- Enhanced logic eases all form and disparate document processing
Accelerated Classification Engine (ACE)
ACE is the newest addition to the Classification engine that provides the ability to build custom classification form definitions on-the-fly in the middle of a production batch or within batch mode. This new addition allows users to create a Classification workflow that is highly accurate and adaptable.
- ACE can automatically classify and extract data by accessing existing databases—all the user has to do is validate the data
- Users can build rules for Classification form definition using point-and-click and dropdown lists
- Select or create new record type(s) for the form
- Build Table Extractions settings (if applicable)
- Save new forms to global Classification settings on the Document Type or as Global Classification form definition to run against the current batch
Advanced Data Extraction (ADE)
Harvest document data automatically.
Harvest document data automatically. Automating the capture and indexing process can help make your organization more efficient and give your employees the freedom to be more productive. The less time required to enter document data, the more time employees have to spend on other tasks. The ADE module works in conjunction with the OCR module to parse through converted text to find key terms and expressions. Once these expressions are recognized, they can be associated with documents. This feature allows the automated collection of information on documents that typically require manual data entry.
Review images, verify quality and make corrections.
Once documents are scanned, the quality assurance module allows the user to review the pages to verify image quality. Unsatisfactory pages can be replaced, missing pages inserted, and pages can be rotated or cropped to suit the user’s needs. Image processing allows users to manipulate pages to improve poor quality images. Attach notes or flag items for review or deletion, and arrange documents with the easy drag-and-drop function. The user can also view indexed data in Data View, which arranges all document data in a neat table containing fields of information for each document.
- Image processing can be performed on an individual page, folder or batch, enhancing appearance or removing imperfections
- The user can replace and insert pages, save a page as a file, or split a document at a page
- The auto view feature automatically advances through each page for quick viewing and quality check
- View each page individually, all pages in thumbnail view, or multiple page views at the same time
- Data View allows the user to review work in order to ensure data has been entered correctly
Flexibly extract the data to fields.
Indexed data of captured images is displayed in the Index module. Data extraction is easier and more accurate than ever with techniques such as rubber band OCR and point-and-click indexing, sticky fields and auto indexing. These capabilities increase productivity, save time and minimize human error by bypassing manual data entry. Additionally, by limiting human contact with sensitive data through automated indexing, security is enhanced.
- Automatically process typewritten text, barcodes, checked boxes and tables
- On Demand Field Level OCR (rubber band OCR) populates index fields by allowing users to draw a box around relevant data
- OCR Indexing (point-and-click indexing) lets users populate an index field by simply clicking on the relevant text
- Auto Indexing provides automated population of fields through barcodes, expressions and database lookup, among other methods
Extract invoice line items and other table data.
Invoices are notoriously difficult for extracting data. PSIcapture’s Table Extraction module makes extracting data from tables simple by automatically identifying rows and columns in documents, then extracting each individual row as a record. The information extracted can then be posted to a database or accounting system for review.
Publish the data to your repository.
Migration is the module that provides the connection to the document repository or ECM system. PSIcapture’s Migration scripts provide the ultimate control over how documents and data are sent to third party applications. Migration simplifies future recall of documents and creates standardization by using indexed data to automatically create folders structures and file names.
- File Folder and Microsoft Database Migrations are included with the core product
- Document storage is standardized and made simple using the index information
- Example: \vendor\document type\date.pdf
- Migration is available to more than 60 ECM systems
- Migrations are all maintained and supported by PSIGEN
A quick way to query a vast collection of images and data.
The purpose of the Retrieval Module is to offer the user quick way to query vast collection of images and data within PSIcapture’s repository or via a number of popular external databases. This is a useful tool for reviewing/sharing completed work, by providing the ability to revise indexed data, add annotations, and print/fax/email images.
- Search indexed metadata values with Boolean Logic
- E-Mail documents
- Concurrent user access (separate from the concurrent users of PSIcapture)
- Print images (which could include faxing if you have a fax server or software)
- Annotate images including text
Monitor performance and streamline workflow.
Reporting allows the user to select specific search criteria to run a query on any scanning and capture workflow operations. Query parameters can be filtered to include/exclude various data, based on dates, batch ID/name, batch status or a specified user. Once results are presented, statistics such as sum, average and count can be displayed instantly. For the user’s convenience, query parameters can be saved for future use, making it easy to run the same report repeatedly.
- Full workflow query engine
- Query results are displayed in seconds
- Monitor performance of individual employees and work groups
- Save and retrieve an unlimited number of query parameters
- Reports may be exported to a Microsoft Excel Workbook file, allowing the user to save the log to a desired location
Protect your data.
The Security module helps protect sensitive data and gives administrative control of the workflow to authorized users. Specific user roles can be defined to determine which modules and document types can be accessed by each operator. This protects sensitive data and designates the division of labor for a project—perfect for multi-operator capture projects.
- Active Directory integration
- Define various user roles
- Control the user interface icons dependent on login and role
- View the active history of a user
- Create custom roles for capture workflows
Generate barcodes for faster and more effective bulk processing.
The Barcode Generator provides a built-in barcode cover sheet generator. Barcodes can be easily customized and printed to use as folder/document separators or index field barcodes. Each set of barcode data can be manually entered, or a lookup can be performed to populate values from an external database or spreadsheet file. Barcode Generator module highlights:
- Barcodes are created quickly and with ease
- Order of appearance of each barcode can be effortlessly rearranged
- Index Field Barcodes may be set to automatically populate index fields
- Two popular barcode types can be generated: Code 39 and Data Matrix
- Database and CSV link allow large volumes of sheet to be created with a click
Canon ScanFront 330 Panel
With its compact design and networked scanning capabilities, the Canon ScanFront 330 is the perfect scanner for multiple-user office environments. PSIGEN’s routing panel for the Canon ScanFront 330 provides for a quicker, more efficient workflow for users who scan documents using these scanners.
The panel displays a set of buttons representing various document categories, such as “Invoices” or “Purchase Orders.” The user selects the appropriate category button and scans the documents, which are automatically routed to PSIcapture. From there, the documents are processed and then migrated to the document repository.
The destination buttons located on the panel and their respective network file destinations in PSIcapture can be easily configured by the user through the PSIcapture Routing Maintenance web pages. These are available via the panel maintenance application, which the user installs along with the panel installation.
Sharp MFP Panel
The PSIcapture Routing panel for Sharp’s multi-function printers provides operators with a quick and easy method for routing scanned documents directly PSIcapture for processing. The operator presses a button on the control panel that describes the document type, and the document is routed to the appropriate location for auto-import and processing by PSIcapture. The button names and their associated network destinations are configurable.
Toshiba MFP Panel
The PSIGEN Routing Panel for Toshiba scanning devices is innovative in its simplicity. It provides a minimalist, easy-to-configure interface that allows the user to scan documents from a Toshiba scanning device directly into a PSIcapture workflow and then auto-route them to their destination.
What makes PSIGEN’s Panel so unique is that it allows the user to send documents through a full PSIcapture workflow by simply selecting a destination at scan time. The key to the Panel’s powerful functionality is in the configuration. The Panel routes scanned documents into a PSIcapture workflow, which can be fully automated to require little-to-no user intervention. PSIcapture then migrates the processed documents to the destination—an ECM or other document repository. This whole process can be accomplished by scanning with the PSIcapture Routing Panel for Toshiba.
The administrator can configure the panel by accessing the PSIcapture Routing Maintenance web pages. Within the configuration, the administrator is able to assign security roles such as Accounting or Legal, to both users and buttons. These assigned roles can then be used to determine which buttons will be displayed for a given user. The administrator will also determine the default file name for each scanned document, and a date/time stamp will be added to the end of each file name.
The administrator can easily add or remove a Toshiba scanning device from the list of connected devices as company needs change, up to the amount allowed by the license.