Job Opening: Solutions Engineer for SharePoint
Major Goals and Responsibilities
- Primary responsibility to engender customer and partner trust through accurate delivery of products and engagements that meet and exceed opportunity expectations.
- Provide pre-sales support and deliver post-sales implementation projects involving Microsoft SharePoint and PSIcapture.
- Help team members, partners, and customers solve problems with installed products.
- In concert with sales team, prepare and deliver technical presentations that explain products and services to partners and prospective customers.
- Deliver prepared training materials to audiences, and help team members achieve professional development plans.
- Recommend improvements to software products based on interaction with customers and partners.
Products and Services:
- SharePoint: Web-based collaborative platform that integrates with Microsoft Office. SharePoint is primarily sold as a document management and storage system, but the product is highly configurable and usage varies substantially among organizations.
- PSIcapture: Advance document capture and data extraction platform that integrates with any scanning device and more than 60 ECM systems.
- PSIsafe: Document management and business process automation software that’s secure, efficient, and accessible.
- Deliver technical implementations and project management – 30%
- Deliver technical training (usually requiring travel) – 30%
- Mangement, planning, feedback, administrative – 30%
- Research and education – 10%
This position is expected to manage a small team of personnel. This candidate will lead projects that require guiding a team towards a set of objectives given a specific timeline.
Primary People Contacts:
- Internal (20%): developers, quality assurance, technical support, product management
- Internal (20%): marketing, sales
- External (50%): partners and customers
Behavioral Characteristics, Attitudes and Skills Required:
- Can engage with customers to determine and recommend a desired outcome.
- Self-sufficient, self-motivated; positive attitude, team-minded.
- High-level of attention to detail, balanced with outcome-focus.
- Capacity to cope with interruptions and changes.
- Ability to reference experience and tools to hand the synthesize solution in dealing with sometimes unique and complex situations.
Prerequisites (i.e., eduction, experience):
- 5+ years experience in professional services or similar technical role.
- 3+ years experience in customer- and/or partner-facing positions.
- 3+ years experience in project leadership roles.
- Bachelors in a technology related-field, marketing/communications, or equivalent experience; preference is given to experience in a commercial software environment.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint architecture, deployments.
- Experience with SQL, IIS, Azure, various operating systems, network infrastructure, and document imaging software are a plus.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.
Toughest Parts of This Job:
- A successful candidate must be self-sufficient. The team is here to support the candidate, but should not be doing the candidates job for him/her.
- Another potential point of frustration may be a shifting landscape of priorities. Successful candidates must be able to understand that priorities shift in the market place and our development resources should remain flexible to accommodate this need.
Compensation methods, compensation range (low to high) and advancement opportunities:
- Compensation method: Salary + benefits
- Compensation range: TBD based on experience
- Advancement Opportunities: Potential move into team leadership, either technical or sales track, based on performance and tenure, as well as opportunities for project leadership.
Outside Influences – Some influences that may impact company overall could include:
- Market dynamics and emergent technology trends, as well as future mergers or acquisitions (new products and cultures to contend with).