PSIcapture’s Table Extraction & Accelerated Classification Engine Automate Invoice Processing
Last week we showed you how easy it is to process invoice headers with PSIcapture 6.0. But the header is just one aspect of an invoice. Invoices are complex documents that contain data vital to your organization’s finances. Getting that data extracted and into your business applications is important for keeping accurate records and paying invoices promptly to receive the maximum discount and avoid penalties.
The easiest way to process data contained in your invoices is through PSIcapture’s Table Extraction feature. Table Extraction works by identifying column headers and extracting the data contained in each column. The data extracted can then be migrated to your organization’s document management systems and/or line of business applications. The process is made easier than ever with PSIcapture’s Accelerated Classification Engine (ACE).
Here’s your quick step-by-step guide to line-item extraction with Table Extraction and ACE:
- Start the capture process by selecting the Capture profile, feeding your paper invoices through a scanner connected to your PC or by choosing the scanned or imported files to be captured, and run Classification on the batch.
- Classification will perform pattern matching to determine which vendors have been imported. With Table Extraction enabled, Classification will also determine which documents contain a table so the software knows which pages contain line-item data to be extracted.
- Vendors that have been previously identified will be automatically processed. New vendors that need to be configured will be displayed as exceptions. Exceptions can be handled within the current batch in PSIcapture or emailed to an administrator or service provider to configure.
- Configuring new vendors for Table Extraction is a breeze with ACE. When the exception window opens up, a business user can use the point-and-click feature to identify the column headers from left to right. There are also options for increasing accuracy, like defining whether the data should be numeric, alphanumeric, or text only. You can also indicate whether the data is a multi-line item. You can then define the index field by naming it or linking it to the associated field from your connected ECM system. In the event that you have extremely difficult invoices, such as documents without headers, you can simply create an exception batch and send that document to a system administrator for assistance.
- Now that you have configured Table Extraction for the invoice, if another knowledge worker encounters an invoice from this vendor, it will be processed automatically.
- PSIcapture will now automatically extract the line-item data.
- In the next step, Quality Assurance, you can quickly validate that the information was extracted correctly. Clicking on a line-item in the data window will highlight it in the document, so you can verify that the information is accurate. If an error is found, usually caused by image quality, the operator can correct the issue prior to publishing the data into your ECM platform and/or your line of business application (ERP).
- Once you are satisfied with the accuracy of the data, PSIcapture will migrate the documents and metadata into your repository, as well as your line of business application or ERP.
Processing invoices is a painless, automated task with PSIcapture advanced capture features, and we’ve made it easier than ever with our new simplified user interface in PSIcapture 6.0. Learn more about the latest release of PSIGEN’s advanced capture offering by contacting us today!