Congrats, you did it—you finally got approval to solve your document process problems with advanced capture! While that’s surely an important step in the right direction, it’s not enough to just purchase the software. The essential next step is to garner user adoption among your team members to ensure a successful implementation of your PSIcapture project.
Here are 5 ways to encourage user adoption of your advanced capture system:
- Start small. Don’t go in with the expectation of utilizing the solution in every department from the get-go. Narrow in on one or two departments where there is an immediate need for a capture solution and start there. Once the solution is well understood in that department and the staff is excited about the results, consider branching out to other departments.
- Get key influencers on board. It’s important to get the leadership team on board with the changes, but you should also work on getting buy-in from other strategic team members who are likely to spread the good word about positive changes. The employee from accounting whose job was just infinitely simplified or the human resources director whose onboarding process is now automated would be great influencers. The more they can share about their positive experiences with their co-workers, the more buy-in you are likely to have throughout the organization.
- Take training seriously. Make sure that the right people are participating in the training for your new advanced capture solution and that they are devoting their full attention to the training. While PSIcapture is a user-friendly product, your organization will get the most out of it if the team members who will be using the software have been properly trained. If new people are going to begin using the software, or if your team could use a refresher on features, it might be worth it to invest in another training.
- Set goals and assess your progress. Whether your goal is to reduce processing time, lower department costs or cut down on storage space—or all of the above!—clearly outline those goals and make periodic assessments to determine if the solution is working and whether you need to make any changes.
- Share the success. Hopefully your employees are helping share the good news, but it’s also a good idea to continue the positive communication on an executive level. Include a success story in the company newsletter or give a short presentation on the project at the next company-wide meeting.
Have you taken the leap and invested in PSIGEN’s advanced capture software? Maybe you have but you need a little extra help getting your team up to speed with the technology. Get in touch with our PSIcapture pros today to see how we can help!