Why SharePoint Isn’t Working for You and How Can You Change That?
According to a study by the Association for Information and Image Management (AIIM), 26% of businesses surveyed said their SharePoint project was stalled and 37% reported their SharePoint project has not met their original expectations. If your business has invested in SharePoint and has had these issues, don’t give up. There are plenty of things you can do to get back on track with your project to make it work for your company.
Here are 5 steps to take to ensure a smooth SharePoint project deployment:
- Get companywide buy-in. If only some people are using the solution, it is unlikely to have the desired effect. It might even lead to more confusion, with some documents being available in SharePoint and others stored elsewhere. Make sure you set the standard and require companywide participation.
- Set specific goals. If you’re implementing a SharePoint solution, you likely have some very specific reasons for doing so. Write those goals down and share them with your team so everyone is on the same page and understands the purpose for the changes being made.
- Implement the project in phases. Based on the goals you have set, determine what functions are the priority and start there. You’ll have a better chance at a successful implementation if you start small and work your way up, as opposed to trying to take on a huge amount of work at the get-go.
- Utilize a document capture product that fully integrates with SharePoint. PSIGEN’s advanced capture platform, PSIcapture, has the ability to seamlessly integrate with SharePoint. Instead of attempting to manually scan, index and name every document that comes through your office, set yourself up for success with an automated capture workflow from PSIGEN.
- Invest in proper training. Don’t expect everyone to know how to use the solution on their own. Even with user-friendly programs, it’s important to get everyone trained on the proper way to use your digital solution.
Interested in learning more about PSIGEN for SharePoint? Contact our experts today to find out how we can help you make SharePoint work for your organization.