Is it time to make a change?
Because you’re reading this, by now you’ve probably heard a bit about how document capture can help organizations become more efficient and improve their document processes. But how do you know if an advanced capture system will benefit your organization? After all, every business is different, and what works for one might not necessarily be helpful for the next.
Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Here are 5 signs that your business would benefit from an advanced capture system:
- Manually processing documents is time-consuming. Alta California Regional Center (ACRC) was receiving more than 3,000 vendor bills each month, each of which was manually processed and had to be stored for up to 6 years. Investing in a PSIcapture advanced capture solution allowed the company to effortlessly process these invoices and store them in a digital archive, eliminating complicated, error-prone manual processing.
- Document storage is costly and inefficient. Prior to implementing their PSIcapture solution, ACRC was storing 25 full filing cabinets at a third party storage location, in addition to the multitude of file cabinets that were stored in their office space. Accessing documents at the off site location was not only time-consuming, but it also cost them a fee to open the storage unit.
- The existing process is negatively impacting staff efficiency. Microsoft Legal and Corporate Affairs (LCA) was experiencing serious business bottlenecks due to their physical records. With 35,000 files in storage and new files incoming every month, managing documents was complicated and inefficient. By incorporating PSIcapture and SharePoint, they were able to create an organized digital repository and an efficient method for processing incoming records.
- Your staff spends an excessive amount of time locating documents. As a nonprofit, East Tennessee Human Resource Agency (ETHRA) undergoes frequent government audits. Each time the agency was audited, Accounts Payable staff had to manually retrieve the requested files and then return them to the file cabinets. They were often required to provide up to 800 checks in one audit. By implementing PSIcapture advanced capture and integrating it with an M-Files ECM system, the AP staff is now able to pull up the documents for an audit via the ECM system’s search function. They no longer have to spend hours manually retrieving physical documents from storage.
- Information is scattered, making it difficult to keep track of the business as a whole. Mission Linen Supply has 2,500 employees in 45 locations and serves more than 50,000 customers. The company had more than 35,000 physical contracts stored across its various locations. The company invested in a PSIcapture and SharePoint solution that allowed them to move their current contracts to a digital format, and automate the processing of all new documents. They now have full visibility of the business as a whole and are able to accurately forecast and make informed decisions for the company.
Do any or all of these apply to your organization? If so, this is the perfect time to get started with an advanced capture system from PSIGEN. Get in touch with our sales professionals today to learn more!