3 Ways to Use PSIGEN to Complement SharePoint & Office 365
More than 85 million people actively use Office 365, and Microsoft reports that number will surpass 100 million early this year. Furthermore, more than 200,000 organizations use SharePoint. The popularity of these Microsoft enterprise platforms spans across industries and departments, and it’s easy to see why: they allow for highly customizable content and communication management to meet the needs of virtually any type of organization.
As vital as SharePoint is to many businesses, it isn’t an out-of-the-box program. SharePoint sites must be built and maintained, which can be time-consuming and inefficient for many businesses. That’s where PSIGEN can significantly increase the efficacy of SharePoint and Office 365.
Here are 3 ways to use PSIGEN to complement your SharePoint or Office 365 project:
- Build your SharePoint or Office 365 project with PSIGEN’s advanced capture and workflow options: Whether you’re starting your content management project from scratch or are working to improve what you already have, PSIGEN can help. Our products can seamlessly integrate with SharePoint and Office 365. Capture documents, automatically populate metadata fields, and create file-naming schemes and folder structures. PSIcapture’s automation features, including database lookup, the Accelerated Classification Engine (ACE) and Table Extraction, make these processes essentially painless.
- Organize your digital landfill: Has SharePoint become a virtual dumping ground for your business’s documents? You’re not alone. A study by the Association for Information and Image Management (AIIM) showed 27% of respondents had a stalled SharePoint project. Another 37% said their SharePoint project failed to meet their original expectations. SharePoint is a fantastic tool for managing content, but it generally can’t be treated as a standalone application. Unless you want to allocate several employees to manually inputting data and maintaining the site, a document capture program is necessary to easily make files searchable and to create organization within SharePoint.
- Let SAFE take over where SharePoint ends: Save money by utilizing PSIGEN’s content management platform SAFE for files you don’t readily need in SharePoint or Office 365. Since you’re paying for storage within your SharePoint site, SAFE can be used to complement SharePoint. For instance, if you’re using SharePoint for your Human Resources department, you might have all your employee records organized within your site. But what about employees who leave the company? Your industry may require you to keep these records on file, but why continue to pay premium for the space? You can easily transfer these files to SAFE. This way, you can retain the files in case you ever need them, but they don’t have to take up valuable storage space in your SharePoint site.
Looking for more information about PSIGEN for SharePoint? Check out our SharePoint document solutions and download our free whitepaper. You can also get in touch with a PSIGEN sales expert for more details.
- How to Use PSIcapture to Improve your SharePoint Solution
- 5 Ways to Save a Stalled SharePoint Project
About the Author
Chelsea Bawab is PSIGEN’s Jr. Marketing Copywriter. She has experience working as a writer and editor for several publications. She holds a Masters in Strategic Communication and a Bachelors in English from Regent University.