And how to ensure yours succeeds
Investing in a document management solution is not merely a matter of researching options and purchasing a system. While these are the first steps, the follow-through once your organization adopts a document management project is where the real challenges arise. Sometimes, despite the effort you went through to implement content management in your company, the project fails.
Why do document management projects fail? On the surface, it would seem like a program that offers solutions to business problems and reduces manual work for staff would be a slam dunk. However, there are numerous reasons why these projects fail.
Here are 4 reasons document management projects fail and how you can ensure yours succeeds:
- The system isn’t user friendly. Thus, your staff isn’t using it properly. We live in a world where a few screen taps on our smartphones can pull up virtually any information we desire. This is the speed of information in the 21st century, yet for some reason, some content management systems are stuck in the dark ages.
It’s unrealistic to expect your staff to embrace a system that is not intuitive and requires a ton of manual work. The point of your document management system is to avoid time-consuming processes and inefficiencies. If document management is unpopular in your workplace, it’s time to take a hard look at your system and probably seek a more user-friendly solution.
- Users aren’t invested in the solution. Maybe you were diligent in finding the best document management solution available. You got it all set up and you’re ready to start seeing the return on your investment. Yet, it’s been a few weeks or months and nothing has changed.
What went wrong? Your users—the ones who are responsible for the day-to-day interactions with the system—haven’t bought into it. It’s time to back up and get your users on board. Carve out some time to educate them on the system. Moreover, explain how using it properly will make life easier for them.
- You didn’t set specific goals. Is your goal to have less paper floating around the office? Or to lower your document processing expenses? Those are great big picture goals, but they’re not specific and measurable. Failing to have specific goals can lead to dwindling interest in the project, and ultimately failure.
Instead of generalized goals, set some benchmarks that you can track to ensure you’re getting a good return on your investment. For instance, set a goal date for fully implementing the solution in a specific department. Do you have a high rate of errors with your current system? Set a goal for reducing those errors by a specific percentage with your new solution. Take the time to measure your results, so you know just how effective the solution is. If your staff sees impressive results, they are more likely to stick with the program.
- You didn’t make a plan. Ever heard that failing to plan is planning to fail? This is undeniably true of document management. Because it can be used in virtually any department, some people try to implement it everywhere right away. Unless you have a plethora of resources to accommodate that undertaking, it’s best to plan out your project in phases.
Start in a department that is most in need of the solution—often this ends up being Accounts Payable or Human Resources. These departments are likely to see a quick return on investment. Thus, the staff will be helpful in getting other departments excited for the solution. Here’s a quick example of a basic implementation plan:
- Implement the system in one department of your organization.
- Get feedback from the staff and learn about any concerns they may have.
- Make necessary changes to the process to ensure maximum user adoption and satisfaction.
- Once that department is happy with the solution and is proficient in using it, have them assist in educating the next department.
It’s a good idea to have a goal timeline for implementing your document management project. However, remember to allow some flexibility in case you need to make some tweaks along the way.
Want to learn more about user friendly document management that offers a serious return on your investment? Talk to an expert today!
PSIcapture & SAFE help users make the most of their SharePoint investments
More than 85 million people actively use Office 365, and Microsoft reports that number will surpass 100 million early this year. Furthermore, more than 200,000 organizations use SharePoint. The popularity of these Microsoft enterprise platforms spans across industries and departments, and it’s easy to see why: they allow for highly customizable content and communication management to meet the needs of virtually any type of organization.
As vital as SharePoint is to many businesses, it isn’t an out-of-the-box program. SharePoint sites must be built and maintained, which can be time-consuming and inefficient for many businesses. That’s where PSIGEN can significantly increase the efficacy of SharePoint and Office 365.
Here are 3 ways to use PSIGEN to complement your SharePoint or Office 365 project:
- Build your SharePoint or Office 365 project with PSIGEN’s advanced capture and workflow options: Whether you’re starting your content management project from scratch or are working to improve what you already have, PSIGEN can help. Our products can seamlessly integrate with SharePoint and Office 365. Capture documents, automatically populate metadata fields, and create file-naming schemes and folder structures. PSIcapture’s automation features, including database lookup, the Accelerated Classification Engine (ACE) and Table Extraction, make these processes essentially painless.
- Organize your digital landfill: Has SharePoint become a virtual dumping ground for your business’s documents? You’re not alone. A study by the Association for Information and Image Management (AIIM) showed 27% of respondents had a stalled SharePoint project. Another 37% said their SharePoint project failed to meet their original expectations. SharePoint is a fantastic tool for managing content, but it generally can’t be treated as a standalone application. Unless you want to allocate several employees to manually inputting data and maintaining the site, a document capture program is necessary to easily make files searchable and to create organization within SharePoint.
- Let SAFE take over where SharePoint ends: Save money by utilizing PSIGEN’s content management platform SAFE for files you don’t readily need in SharePoint or Office 365. Since you’re paying for storage within your SharePoint site, SAFE can be used to complement SharePoint. For instance, if you’re using SharePoint for your Human Resources department, you might have all your employee records organized within your site. But what about employees who leave the company? Your industry may require you to keep these records on file, but why continue to pay premium for the space? You can easily transfer these files to SAFE. This way, you can retain the files in case you ever need them, but they don’t have to take up valuable storage space in your SharePoint site.
Looking for more information about PSIGEN for SharePoint? Check out our SharePoint document solutions and download our free whitepaper. You can also get in touch with a PSIGEN sales expert for more details.
4 Things to look forward to with the recent changes at PSIGEN
PSIGEN has led the industry with best of breed document capture for the past two decades. We have always prided ourselves on our innovative, forward-thinking technology designed to solve business problems.
Over the past few years, we have seen the need arise for an expansion of our product offering. Customers and partners have increasingly expressed the desire for additional functionality from our software. After careful consideration, we decided to broaden our product lineup by acquiring our long-time partner Cabinet Document Management Solutions.
This move benefits our partners and customers by providing them with more options when it comes to implementing document process automation.
Here are 4 things to look forward to with the recent changes from PSIGEN:
- Our new technology allows for more flexible workflow and capture automation. The acquisition of Cabinet technology adds several tools to the PSIGEN lineup, including e-signature, workflow, content collaboration and secure document management. These tools can be used all together or separately, meaning users can choose which components work best for their business.
- Cloud and mobile are coming. The SAFE technology we have added to our offering is already cloud-based and mobile friendly. Our developers are working together to bring capture into these spaces, which will allow companies to accomplish their entire process in the cloud or through mobile.
- Get ready to break into new markets. The possibilities with this highly flexible, user-friendly technology are virtually limitless. The toolkit design allows for easy implementation, meaning we will be able to deploy some projects that will not even necessarily require a programmer. This will allow our partners to break into markets beyond their traditional focus industries.
- Subscription pricing is on the horizon. This pricing structure is beneficial to both resellers and customers. Subscription pricing can allow for shorter sales cycles, which then translate to more customers moving to automated processes much more quickly. The sooner an organization can deploy their capture automation project, the sooner they can reap the benefits of increased efficiency, lower costs and higher productivity.
Stay tuned over the coming months to learn more about PSIGEN’s expanded product suite. If you have questions, feel free to get in touch with our automation experts today.
Multi-function printers have their limits—PSIcapture gives them endless possibilities
From value-added resellers and hardware companies to document management solution providers, PSIGEN has a wide range of partners and resellers. In this blog series, we examine the benefits of partnering with PSIGEN to offer your customers the best advanced document capture program on the market.
Today’s multifunction printers (MFPs) are far more resourceful than the copiers of the past. Whether a business wants the ability to print 100 pages per minute, produce beautiful high-resolution prints, connect to the cloud or even print from a mobile device, there’s an MFP to suit every business’s needs. MFPs also allow organizations to scan documents to create digital versions of their files. But when it comes to the scanning aspect of MFPs, is it enough to just provide companies with the hardware?
Without a document capture product, scanning documents from an MFP only produces a digital image. Sure, some MFPs will allow the user to route the scanned image to a specific folder, creating some semblance of structure to the process, but at the end of the day, the user is still left with nothing more than folders full of images that are not searchable. Thousands of files with information just waiting to be harnessed—untapped potential locked behind text the computer can’t read.
The key to accessing this valuable information and turning these static images into useful data is advanced document capture. Advanced capture does more than simply import scanned images—it transforms documents into searchable PDFs and harnesses the data.
Here are the 3 ways PSIGEN’s advanced capture program PSIcapture enhances the capabilities of an MFP:
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
With Christmas right around the corner, we’re all officially getting into the holiday spirit. This is the time of year when we gather with family and friends, thankful for the blessings we’ve received this year and hopeful for what is to come.
At PSIGEN, it’s also a time for us to reflect on the year we’ve had and to give thanks where it is due. From all of us at PSIGEN, we offer our sincere thanks to all of our partners who made 2016 such an outstanding year.
This year, we expanded our team of employees, experienced tremendous growth both domestically and internationally, and successfully equipped our flagship product PSIcapture with a fresh new user interface. We also deployed a brand new website, emphasizing user-friendliness and demonstrating our products’ capabilities within specific industries.
We also had our third Resonance conference, which brought PSIGEN users and partners together for a wonderful time to learn and grow together. This event would not have been possible without the support of our incredible partners who sponsored and attended.
The PSIGEN team is looking forward to what lies ahead in the new year. Our exceptional team and dedicated leaders are sure to make 2017 our best year yet. Once again, we know our success is dependent on our partners going out into the field and telling the world what PSIGEN can do for them.
From everyone at PSIGEN, to all of our partners, thank you. We appreciate you and we are truly grateful for your faith in our team and our product. We wish you all a merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
Take advantage of a significant tax reduction for 2016 when you purchase PSIcapture
If you’ve done any poking around our website, you know that PSIGEN’s advanced document capture solution helps boost an organization’s efficiency. By reducing the time and effort involved in importing information and documents into your document management system, your business saves valuable time, money and resources, and your staff is able to focus on tasks that are more important than scanning and entering data.
That’s a lot of wins. But this time of year, a PSIcapture advanced capture system provides another benefit that serves as icing on the cost-benefit cake: a tax break. Investing in PSIcapture before the end of the year can reduce the taxed amount of your organization. According to the IRS website, “You can elect to recover all or part of the cost of certain qualifying property, up to a limit, by deducting it in the year you place the property in service.”
Software provided by PSIGEN Software, Inc. qualifies as “property” that your business can deduct as part of your 2016 expenses. This means you can invest in a system that reduces your employees’ time for data entry, increases the use of your document management system and secures your business a tax recovery.
The CEO and CFO of every organization are always looking to increase profitability, decrease liabilities and mitigate risk. By deploying an advanced capture solution like PSIcapture, you can harness the data buried within your documents. Doing so will allow your staff to make better decisions, provide improved customer service, manage the company’s assets more efficiently and leverage the best terms from their vendors (such as taking advantage of prompt pay discounts)—all while helping your organization reduce its taxable amount, if you act quickly.
To learn more about the tax benefit of Section 179, you should contact your company’s tax expert. To learn more about advanced capture, get in touch with the industry experts at PSIGEN today.
Advanced document capture transforms the HR department
If you had to associate one word with Human Resources, what would it be? Maybe employees or hiring? How about paperwork? If you work in HR, you know all too well how much paperwork is involved in this department. From background checks to new hire paperwork to performance reviews, working in HR can seem like an upstream battle against an endless flow of paper.
That’s where PSIcapture comes to the rescue. Our advanced document capture program helps you quickly and easily convert that endless flow of paperwork into well-organized, fully searchable digital documents.
A PSIGEN solution facilitates company growth, improved customer service and a stellar workforce
It’s no secret that companies are increasingly moving toward digitalization. Up until recently, technological advancements in the workplace were mainly a concern for the IT department. Now business leaders are becoming more involved with digital initiatives, as it becomes clear that these projects directly impact the success and growth of the company.
Gartner’s 2016 CEO Survey looked at the top strategic business priorities of 400 senior business leaders, including CEOs and CFOs of many large organizations generating $1 billion in annual revenue. The study showed that technology and digitalization has become a top priority for the leaders of many organizations. In fact, 84% of those surveyed said they expect digital change will increase profits. When it comes to strategic business priorities, 54% of CEOs listed growth as their primary goal. Customer experience came in second place, with 31% of respondents citing it as their No. 1 business priority for the next two years. This number is up from 21% just one year ago. In third place is improvement of the workforce at 27%.
Looking at these numbers, it's clear that CEOs are seeing the connection between digitalization and company success. So how can they take the first step in the right direction?
Investing in advanced document capture is the perfect way to start the transition to digitalization. PSIcapture can help companies accomplish all of these top 3 strategic business priorities. How? Glad you asked!
Advanced capture is an essential tool for the legal industry
If you work in a law firm or legal department, you know there’s no shortage of documents accompanying each and every case you take on. If your company is overwhelmed with physical files and you’re tired of dealing with inefficient paper processes, advanced capture is the solution you’ve been waiting for.
PSIcapture provides several advantages for law firms and legal departments. One obvious benefit is the reduction of physical documents and files that need to be stored and managed. PSIcapture can help eliminate the cost of document storage, so you can free up office space and stop paying costly offsite storage fees. But that’s just the beginning of the true benefits of PSIcapture for the legal industry. Other advantages include:
- Confidential data is kept secure and compliance with regulatory agencies is maintained
- Converting files to searchable PDFs makes finding documents a breeze
- Integration with your existing infrastructure allows for a painless transition to paper-free processes
- Automatic classification and indexing speeds up document processing
Here are 3 PSIcapture features your law firm will love:
- Document redaction: Legal documents often contain sensitive client information that needs to be protected. If you work in the legal industry, you are likely well acquainted with redaction. PSIcapture’s auto redaction feature makes the task of redacting information a breeze. PSIcapture’s advanced pattern matching technology can quickly parse documents for the data and automatically redact it, drastically reducing the time it takes to process documents.
- Integration with Case Management Systems: If your tech-savvy firm already employs a case management system or document management system, you don’t have to worry about moving those documents when you implement PSIcapture. Our advanced capture software integrates with more than 60 different systems, including several commonly used case management systems, like Concordance and Worldox.
- Automated Bates stamping: Stop wasting time with manual Bates stamping! In addition to taking up valuable time, the process is vulnerable to human error, which can lead to more setbacks. PSIcapture can perform automatic Bates stamping, providing an easy and accurate way to organize multipage documents.
Take control of your paper problem with advanced capture! Talk to an expert today to learn about your next steps toward pain-free document processing.
Why SharePoint isn’t working for you and how can you change that?
According to a study by the Association for Information and Image Management (AIIM), 26% of businesses surveyed said their SharePoint project was stalled and 37% reported their SharePoint project has not met their original expectations. If your business has invested in SharePoint and has had these issues, don't give up. There are plenty of things you can do to get back on track with your project to make it work for your company.
Here are 5 steps to take to ensure a smooth SharePoint project deployment:
Is it time to make a change?
Because you're reading this, by now you've probably heard a bit about how document capture can help organizations become more efficient and improve their document processes. But how do you know if an advanced capture system will benefit your organization? After all, every business is different, and what works for one might not necessarily be helpful for the next.
Don't worry, we've got you covered. Here are 5 signs that your business would benefit from an advanced capture system:
5 Ways PSIcapture Sets Your Business Apart from the Competition
Unfortunately, the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio has come to an end. For two weeks we watched transfixed as the world's most incredible athletes competed for the prestige of being the fastest, strongest or most powerful forces in their sports. There is something universally riveting about seeing the culmination of these athletes' training manifest in the most intense competition of their lives.
When it comes time to compete, years of training come down to seconds on the clock. The differences between first, second and third place might seem like a small margin on game day, but a closer look at the training habits of the athletes is likely to reveal some more significant differences.
You've Got Your Advanced Capture System - Now What?
Congrats, you did it—you finally got approval to solve your document process problems with advanced capture! While that's surely an important step in the right direction, It's not enough to just purchase the software. The essential next step is to garner user adoption among your team members to ensure a successful implementation of your PSIcapture project.
Here are 5 ways to encourage user adoption of your advanced capture system:
How can PSIcapture improve service bureau processes?
Document management Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) organizations and service bureaus have a unique set of needs when it comes to advanced capture software. As these companies often serve a wide range of clients in various industries, they require a level of versatility and scalability that can be difficult to find with most capture programs.
Unlike some document capture companies that have added some features to meet some needs of BPO companies, PSIcapture was built with the BPO/service bureau industry in mind. From the very beginning, PSIGEN has worked closely with service bureaus to build the features they need to help them thrive. As many of PSIcapture's features were being created and developed, BPO organizations were some of the key partners testing them and providing feedback. PSIGEN's origination in the service bureau industry is what makes it the optimal choice for advanced capture in this space
Here are 10 PSIcapture features that benefit document management BPO companies and service bureaus:
BPO compnies can gain efficiency and profitability with PSIcapture
Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) is a growing industry in the document management space. When companies decide to convert their paper records and processes to digital format, outsourcing is often a viable option that allows them to have all the benefits of digital document management without the burden of taking on the task themselves. Outsourcing also allows an organization to turn the work over to a company with significant expertise in document management.
If you run a document management BPO organization, also known as a Document Service Bureau, you know how complex these jobs can be. Every industry has its own form and document types, not to mention regulations and compliance procedures that must be upheld. Within these industries, individual companies also have their own document types and goals for their document management projects. Taking on new clients and projects as a BPO company can be a daunting task.
Fortunately, PSIcapture was created with this very industry in mind. Here are 3 examples of how BPO organizations have used PSIcapture to help meet the needs of their customers: