Organizations are looking to leverage their existing investment in scanning copiers and other capture devices like scanners, printers and fax machines. These imaging devices have several key limitations, which can cause major headaches for IT staff and personnel over time:
- MFPs are equipped with very basic document scanning and capture capabilities
- They lack standardization to ensure a repeatable scanning and imaging process across multiple devices
- The scanned documents produced are images and are not searchable
- The scanning/capture process on MFPs can be very time consuming, as each document has to be individually scanned, named and placed into the correct location on the network
- MFPs have no inherent capability to scan directly into enterprise applications
In essence, most organizations that do not add scanning software to control and standardize the whole scanning and document imaging process take their paper mess and recreate it digitally.
PSI: Capture for MFPs is a third generation distributed scanning and capture software product from PSIGEN Software, Inc. It delivers automated, unattended capture processing for distributed capture devices, including MFPs, network scanners and fax servers. This powerful, flexible application provides efficiency and standardization to the network scanning process, and all the indexing power of PSI:Capture Enterprise. The included bar code generation utility complements this distributed capture processing system by allowing for rapid creation of barcode separator and cover sheets from within the application, for use in document separation and/or automatic indexing. Scanned documents go through an OCR process to make searchable PDFs available to everyone.
For more information, click on the links below:
Use your scanning copier, fax or multi-function To Scan to ECM
PSI:Capture provides the ultimate document capture onramp for any Enterprise Content Management (ECM) system. The product can automatically import scanned images form any network scanning device, perform data extraction, and send the images and data to a repository.
- Enable any MFP to scan to ECM
- Capture from any scanning copier or direct connect scanner
- Standardize how documents are captured, sent to folders and named
- Create searchable PDFs with OCR
PSI:Capture MFP Features
- Auto Processing for Fax Archiving
- Advanced Data Extraction (ADE) Enhancements
- SharePoint Migration Enhancements
- Forms Processing Capabilities
- OCR Performance Enhancements
- Line Item Zone OCR
What are other organizations scanning to ECM?
Psigen document management and scanning products are easily adapted to any document capture environment, veritable chameleons of capture. Look over our scanning software case studies to see how Psigen can help with your paper pain today.