PSI:Capture provides the utmost in processing flexibility for document scanning and imaging workflow. Whether you are scanning to Microsoft SharePoint, or harvesting data from a form, our extensive set of features can provide you with a powerful capture tool. PSI:Capture has 2 classes of workflow module; Core Capture Modules and Specialized Workflow Modules, which are optional.
Core Workflow Modules
The PSI:Capture base product includes 8 modules that allow for standard document scanning, imaging and capture workflow. These workflows can be built in any order, depending on the types of documents scanned and the required end result.
The capture module allows anyone to scan, arrange, and store any type of document with speed and ease. By connecting scanning devices to scan stations and a logical file system, captured images are converted and neatly systemized directly into the user-friendly interface. Document separator sheets can be designed to tell PSI:Capture when to split the document, decreasing the time and energy required to scan large volumes. Not only is the batch automatically organized, but high accuracy is also achieved. In addition, image enhancement, auto crop, boarder elimination, and black hole punch removal are just a few of the image cleanup features that can be automatically performed. Digital files can just as easily be imported and saved into file folders, and PSI:Capture will automatically assign an index field based on the folder name. Capture module highlights:
- Increases employee imaging productivity by reducing time spent on scanning
- Barcode and Patch code separator sheets allow PSI:Capture to automatically separate, file, and name documents.
- Image processing improves inadequate and poor quality pages
- Can capture images from ISIS/VRS scanners and folders.
Once documents are scanned, the quality assurance module allows the user to review the pages to verify image quality. Unsatisfactory pages can be replaced, missing pages inserted, and pages requiring rotating or cropping can be changed to suit the user’s needs. Additionally, image processing allows pages to be manipulated to improve poor quality images. Attaching a note or utilizing identifying flags assist multiple users in batch management by leaving a specific note, or tagging items for review, reject, delete, or process. Document arrangement can easily be controlled by dragging and dropping pages, documents, or entire folders to a preferred order. Indexed data can also be reviewed in “data view”, which consists of a neat spreadsheet containing fields of information for each document. QA module highlights:
- Image processing can be performed to an individual page, folder, or batch, enhancing appearance or removing imperfections
- The user can replace and insert pages, save a page as a file, or split a document at a page
- The auto view feature automatically advances through each page for quick viewing and quality check
- View each page individually, all pages in thumbnail view, or multiple page views at the same time
- Data View allows the user to review work in order to ensure data has been entered correctly
The indexed data of captured images is displayed in the index module. Data extraction is easier and more accurate than ever with techniques such as rubber band OCR and point and click indexing, sticky fields, auto indexing, and more, making the index process as productive as possible. These capabilities save time by bypassing manual key in of data, therefore processing documents faster and minimizing inevitable human error. In addition, security is increased by limiting human contact with sensitive data. Index module highlights:
- Typewritten text, barcodes, checked boxes, tables and more are automatically processed
- On Demand Field Level OCR (also known as rubber band OCR) quickly populates an index field by using the mouse to draw a box containing the relevant text
- OCR Indexing (or point and click indexing) populates an index field by simply clicking on the relevant text
- Auto indexing provides automated fill in of fields through barcodes, expressions, database lookup, and a variety of other methods.
Migration is the module that provides the connection to the back end repository. Our Migrations scripts provide the ultimate control in how documents and data are sent to applications. Future recall is simplified by taking fields entered about the documents and automatically creating folder structures and file names based on the information in the index fields. This results in standardization by automatically naming the file by putting together the index fields. Migration module highlights:
- File Folder and Microsoft Database Migrations included with the core product.
- Document storage standardized and made simple using the index information (example: \vendor\document type\date.pdf)
- OCR text conversion and Image File can both be migrated.
- Migration to over 30 different Document Management and Enterprise Content Management systems
- Migrations are all maintained and supported by PSIGEN
Reporting allows the user to select specific search criteria to run a query on any scanning and capture workflow operations. Query parameters can be filtered to include/exclude various data, based on dates, batch ID/name, batch status, or a specified user. Once results are presented, statistics such as sum, average, and count can be displayed instantly. For the convenience of the user, query parameters can be saved for future use, making it easy if the same report will need to be run repeatedly. Reporting module highlights:
- Full workflow query engine
- Query results are displayed in a matter of seconds
- Monitor the performance of individual employees and workgroups
- Save and retrieve an unlimited number of query parameters
- Reports may be exported to a Microsoft Excel Workbook file, allowing the user to save the log to a desired location
The activity and events of groups of scanned images (or batches) can be tracked throughout the workflow process through the Batch Manager interface. A status summary of each batch, including name, document type, workflow step/progress, and more is available. Batches can be tagged as exception, high priority, suspend, or hold and are easily identified as such here. Batch Manager module highlights:
- Batches can be named automatically or manually, and is assigned a unique ID
- Batch information can be displayed and examined.
- Batches can be moved between workflow steps.
- Fields can be filtered to narrow down a search, or display only batches of a certain project, workflow step, etc.
- Batch steps can be color coded and custom named for ease of capture and imaging workflow access.
Multi-operator capture projects are supported by defining specific user roles for multi-station scan processing. The purpose of assigning roles is to determine which module(s) and document types can be accessed by each operator. This assists in designating the division of labor for a project. Security module highlights:
- Active Directory integration
- Allow users/groups to have different roles in different document types
- Control the user interface icons dependent on login and role.
- View the activity history of a user
- Create custom roles for imaging workflows.
PSI:Capture provides a built-in barcode cover sheet generator within the product. Barcodes can be easily customized and printed to use as folder/document separators or index field barcodes. Each set of barcode data can be manually entered, or a lookup can be performed to populate values from an external database or spreadsheet file. Bar Code Generator module highlights:
- Barcodes are created quickly and with ease
- Order of appearance of each barcode can be effortlessly rearranged
- Index Field Barcodes may be set to automatically populate index fields
- Two popular barcode types can be generated: Code 39 and Data Matrix
- Database and CSV link allow large volumes of sheet to be created with a click.
Specialized Workflow Modules
Some organizations need additional processing power and automation in their document scanning workflow. PSI:Capture has four optional capture modules: PDF/OCR, ICR, ADE (Advanced Data Extraction) and EFF (Extended File Format Support). The PDF/OCR module provides powerful OCR software for converting scanned documents to text and output to Adobe PDF format, OCR XML or OCR text. The Intelligent Character Recognition (ICR) Module provides for the extraction of hand-printed text. The Advanced Data Extraction (ADE) allows the extraction of data from scanned documents based on matching expressions, and Extended File Format (EFF) Support allows the capture of almost any type of digital file.
OCR/OMR - Optical Character Recognition
Optical Character Recognition & Optical Mark Recognition
CONVERT SCANNED DOCUMENTS TO TEXT
How do you convert scanned/captured documents into searchable files and migrate them to your Document Management System? PSI:Capture provides several Optical Character Recognition (OCR) engine options, to provide your organization with the ability to perform full text conversions, or focus on specific areas of the page, with Zone OCR and Optical Mark Recognition (OMR). There are several output format options, including
- Searchable PDF
- Text formats
- and others.
Click for more details on the full OCR feature set for PSI:Capture Enterprise and PSI:Capture for MFPs.
ICR - Intelligent Character Recognition
Intelligent Character Recognition
Convert Hand-printed Information to Text
How do you convert scanned/captured documents with hand-printed fields to data and migrate them to your Document Management System? PSI:Capture provides several Intelligent Character Recognition (ICR) engine options, to provide your organization with the ability to perform text conversions, or focus on specific areas of the page, with Zone ICR.
ICR can be used for forms processing, or for free form hand-printing extraction.
Click for more details of the ICR feature set for PSI:Capture Enterprise and PSI:Capture for MFPs
ADE - Advanced Data Extraction
Advanced Data Extraction
Harvesting Document Data Automatically
Automating and adding efficiency to the scanning and capture process can have a huge impact on your organization. The less time required to enter document data, the more time employees have for other tasks. The ADE module is utilized with our OCR module and parses through converted text to look for key terms and expressions. Once these expressions are recognized, they can be associated with documents. This feature allows the automated collection of information on documents that typically required manual data entry.
Click for a detailed list of extraction features for PSI:Capture Enterprise and PSI:Capture for MFPs.
EFF - Extended File Format Support
extended file format(eff) support
capture and migrate non-image files
Have a need to import non-image files? The EFF module enables PSI:Capture to import and process all types of digital files including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, AutoCAD, etc. The module can be used for manual or auto-import and allows bulk digital file migration to any of the close to 60 ECM systems we support.