PSIcapture provides the utmost in processing flexibility for document scanning and imaging workflow. Whether you are scanning to Microsoft SharePoint or harvesting data from a form, our extensive set of features can provide you with a powerful capture tool. PSIcapture has 2 classes of workflow module: Core Capture Modules and Specialized Workflow Modules, which are optional.
The PSIcapture base product includes 9 modules that allow for standard document scanning, imaging and capture workflow. These workflows can be built in any order, depending on the types of documents scanned and the required end result.
The capture module allows anyone to scan, arrange and store any type of document with speed and ease. By connecting scanning devices to scan stations and a logical file system, captured images are converted and neatly systemized directly into the user-friendly interface. Document separator sheets can be designed to tell PSIcapture when to split the document, decreasing the time and energy required to scan large volumes. Not only is the batch automatically organized, but high accuracy is also achieved. In addition, image enhancement, auto crop, border elimination and black hole punch removal are just a few of the image cleanup features that can be automatically performed. Digital files can just as easily be imported and saved into file folders, and PSIcapture will automatically assign an index field based on the folder name. Capture module highlights:
- Increases employee imaging productivity by reducing time spent on scanning
- Barcode and Patch code separator sheets allow PSIcapture to automatically separate, file and name documents.
- Image processing improves inadequate and poor quality pages
- Can capture images from ISIS/VRS scanners and folders.
EFF - Extended File Format Support
extended file format(eff) support
capture and migrate non-image files
Have a need to import non-image files? The EFF module enables PSIcapture to import and process all types of digital files including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, AutoCAD, etc. The module can be used for manual or auto-import and allows bulk digital file migration to any of the 60 ECM systems we support.
Once documents are scanned, the quality assurance module allows the user to review the pages to verify image quality. Unsatisfactory pages can be replaced, missing pages inserted, and pages requiring rotating or cropping can be changed to suit the user’s needs. Additionally, image processing allows pages to be manipulated to improve poor quality images. Attaching a note or utilizing identifying flags assist multiple users in batch management by leaving a specific note, or tagging items for review, reject, delete or process. Document arrangement can easily be controlled by dragging and dropping pages, documents or entire folders to a preferred order. Indexed data can also be reviewed in “data view,” which consists of a neat spreadsheet containing fields of information for each document. QA module highlights:
- Image processing can be performed to an individual page, folder or batch, enhancing appearance or removing imperfections
- The user can replace and insert pages, save a page as a file, or split a document at a page
- The auto view feature automatically advances through each page for quick viewing and quality check
- View each page individually, all pages in thumbnail view, or multiple page views at the same time
- Data View allows the user to review work in order to ensure data has been entered correctly
The indexed data of captured images is displayed in the index module. Data extraction is easier and more accurate than ever with techniques such as rubber band OCR and point and click indexing, sticky fields, auto indexing and more, making the index process as productive as possible. These capabilities save time by bypassing manual key in of data, therefore processing documents faster and minimizing inevitable human error. In addition, security is increased by limiting human contact with sensitive data. Index module highlights:
- Typewritten text, barcodes, checked boxes and tables are automatically processed
- On Demand Field Level OCR (also known as rubber band OCR) quickly populates an index field by using the mouse to draw a box containing the relevant text
- OCR Indexing (or point and click indexing) populates an index field by simply clicking on the relevant text
- Auto indexing provides automated fill-in of fields through barcodes, expressions, database lookup and a variety of other methods
Migration is the module that provides the connection to the document repository (ECM system). Our Migration scripts provide the ultimate control over how documents and data are sent to applications. Future recall is simplified by taking fields entered about the documents and automatically creating folder structures and file names based on the information in the index fields. This results in standardization by automatically naming the file by putting together the index fields. Migration module highlights:
- File Folder and Microsoft Database Migrations included with the core product
- Document storage standardized and made simple using the index information (example: \vendor\document type\date.pdf)
- OCR text conversion and Image File can both be migrated
- Migration to 60 different Document Management and Enterprise Content Management systems
- Migrations are all maintained and supported by PSIGEN
Reporting allows the user to select specific search criteria to run a query on any scanning and capture workflow operations. Query parameters can be filtered to include/exclude various data, based on dates, batch ID/name, batch status or a specified user. Once results are presented, statistics such as sum, average and count can be displayed instantly. For the convenience of the user, query parameters can be saved for future use, making it easy if the same report will need to be run repeatedly. Reporting module highlights:
- Full workflow query engine
- Query results are displayed in a matter of seconds
- Monitor the performance of individual employees and workgroups
- Save and retrieve an unlimited number of query parameters
- Reports may be exported to a Microsoft Excel Workbook file, allowing the user to save the log to a desired location
The activity and events of groups of scanned images (or batches) can be tracked throughout the workflow process through the Batch Manager interface. A status summary of each batch, including name, document type and workflow step/progress is available. Batches can be tagged as exception, high priority, suspend or hold, and are easily identified as such here. Batch Manager module highlights:
- Batches can be named automatically or manually, and is assigned a unique ID
- Batch information can be displayed and examined
- Batches can be moved between workflow steps
- Fields can be filtered to narrow down a search, or display only batches of a certain project, workflow step, etc.
- Batch steps can be color-coded and custom named for ease of capture and imaging workflow access
Multi-operator capture projects are supported by defining specific user roles for multi-station scan processing. The purpose of assigning roles is to determine which module(s) and document types can be accessed by each operator. This assists in designating the division of labor for a project. Security module highlights:
- Active Directory integration
- Allow users/groups to have different roles in different document types
- Control the user interface icons dependent on login and role
- View the activity history of a user
- Create custom roles for imaging workflows
PSI:Capture provides a built-in barcode cover sheet generator within the product. Barcodes can be easily customized and printed to use as folder/document separators or index field barcodes. Each set of barcode data can be manually entered, or a lookup can be performed to populate values from an external database or spreadsheet file. Bar Code Generator module highlights:
- Barcodes are created quickly and with ease
- Order of appearance of each barcode can be effortlessly rearranged
- Index Field Barcodes may be set to automatically populate index fields
- Two popular barcode types can be generated: Code 39 and Data Matrix
- Database and CSV link allow large volumes of sheet to be created with a click.
Some organizations need additional processing power and automation in their document scanning workflow. PSIcapture has 5 optional capture modules to help meet the specific needs of any organization. These modules are OCR/OMR, ICR, ADE (Advanced Data Extraction), Classification and Table Extraction.
OCR/OMR - Optical Character Recognition
Optical Character Recognition & Optical Mark Recognition
CONVERT SCANNED DOCUMENTS TO TEXT
How do you convert scanned/captured documents into searchable files and migrate them to your Document Management System? PSIcapture provides several Optical Character Recognition (OCR) engine options to provide your organization with the ability to perform full text conversions or focus on specific areas of the page with Zone OCR and Optical Mark Recognition (OMR). There are several output format options, including:
- Searchable PDF
- Text formats
- and others
Click for more details on the full OCR feature set for PSIcapture Enterprise and PSIcapture for MFPs.
ICR - Intelligent Character Recognition
Intelligent Character Recognition
Convert Hand-printed Information to Text
How do you convert scanned/captured documents with hand-printed fields to data and migrate them to your Document Management System? PSIcapture provides several Intelligent Character Recognition (ICR) engine options to provide your organization with the ability to perform text conversions or focus on specific areas of the page with Zone ICR.
ICR can be used for forms processing, or for free form hand-printing extraction.
Click for more details of the ICR feature set for PSIcapture Enterprise and PSIcapture for MFPs
ADE - Advanced Data Extraction
Advanced Data Extraction
Harvesting Document Data Automatically
Automating and adding efficiency to the scanning and capture process can have a huge impact on your organization. The less time required to enter document data, the more time employees have for other tasks. The ADE module is utilized with our OCR module and parses through converted text to look for key terms and expressions. Once these expressions are recognized, they can be associated with documents. This feature allows the automated collection of information on documents that typically required manual data entry.
Click for a detailed list of extraction features for PSIcapture Enterprise and PSIcapture for MFPs.
Classification + ACE
Classify, sort, separate and extract data from each individual form with a single simple process
Classification module relieves the pain by allowing users to scan stacks of different form types within a single batch. Rather than having a user manually sort pages prior to scanning, our document recognition technology can take care of that for you.
The Classification module provides the following features:
- Automatic document type/form identification Form page count validation
- Automated separation based on identified form type
- Data extraction rules based on forms
- Enhanced logic eases all form and disparate document processing
Classification can be used in conjunction with all of PSIGEN’s modules to give you the ultimate in document automation for scanning documents with any scanner or copier, or importing documents from a network location using auto-import. Fully automate your document processes today, streamline your process and save time and money.
Accelerated Classification Engine (ACE)
ACE is a brand-new addition to the Classification engine that provides the ability to build custom classification form definitions on-the-fly in the middle of a production batch or within batch mode. This new addition allows users to create a Classification workflow that is highly accurate and adaptable.
ACE allows end-users to:
- Build rules for Classification form definition using point-and-click and dropdown lists
- Select or create new record type(s) for the form
- Build Table Extractions settings (if applicable)
- Save new forms to global Classification settings on the Document Type or as Global Classification form definition to run against the current batch
table extraction support
Extract Invoice Line Items and Other Table Data
Invoices are notoriously difficult to properly extract data from. Want to scan a spreadsheet and extract the columns and rows? Our Table Extraction Module automatically identifies rows and columns in documents, and extracts each individual row as a record. The information can then be posted to a database or accounting system for review.